- Exodus 35:1-40:38
- 1 Kings 7:40-50
- Hebrews 9:1-14,
There is so much packed into this lesson, it is hard to get our head around it all. One thing is clear, we see the instructions that were given for the order of worship. This order was established in the wilderness. The children of Israel were willing and there was more than enough to get the job done. Moses at one point had to stop the people from bringing more resources forward for the project.
In 1 Kings, we find Solomon building a more permanent residence for God’s presence to dwell. It was David’s desire to accomplish this task, however, David had blood on his hands and the task came to Solomon. This temple was absolutely one of the most beautiful buildings in the world at the time.
In this reading, we are given some further understanding in Hebrews 9. We understand that progressively these intersections of time and history are types and shadows of what we can know to be true today. We need more than ceremonial cleaning. Individually we must be cleansed from impurity or brokenness through a perfect sacrifice.
Questions for reflection:
▪ Can I see how Christ was the culmination of the original system in Moses time?
▪ Do I believe that Christ was the fulfillment?
▪ Do I believe God has all that I need and more to accomplish God’s work in my life?
▪ Do I believe God’s power raised Christ from the grave?
▪ Do I believe He ascended and will come again in the same place?
▪ Do I acknowledge that the power of God has come to temples made of flesh and not stone?