- Deuteronomy 32:1-34:12
- Samuel 22:1-51, Joshua 1:1-18
- Romans 10:14-21, Matthew 17:1-9, Jude 1:8-9
Have you ever thought about who is guiding you? When we surrender to God we need to be open to His blessings. We need to feel the warmth of His love surrounding us as He desires to bless us. The reality that God is there to take care of us all the days of our life and to bring us good and not harm is a necessity.
When we come to an understanding of who He is in our life, our affections should start to change and our hearts begin to trust the unseen hand in our life. The power of the Holy Spirit brings the blessings into our life through obedience to Him. God has chosen the Holy Spirit to be our agent of change; the one who comes on the inside of us to watch over and protect us.
One of the hardest things of our faith in God is the understanding that He must become the one and only to guide us. We cannot live our faith through other leaders of God. Joshua had to be Joshua and not Moses. God chose Joshua and he walked alone with God. Today we need to consider the blessings as God alone guides us through the power of the Holy Spirit.
“For the people of Israel belong to the Lord; Jacob is His special possession. He found them in a desert land, in an empty, howling wasteland. He surrounded them and watched over them; He guarded them as He would guard His own eyes. Like an eagle that rouses her chicks and hovers over her young, so He spread His wings to take them up and carried them safely on His pinions. The Lord alone guided them.” - Deuteronomy 32:9 -12
Questions for Reflection:
▪Am I willing to let the Lord alone guide me without the interruption of the world to distract me from my purpose?
▪ Am I willing to be understanding that my created design is one of belonging to the Lord?
▪ Am I willing to recognize God is my redeemer, fortress, and rock in good times and the difficult times?
▪ Am I willing to bless God with my praise?
▪ Am I willing to be sent to those around me with the good news of
▪ Do I understand, as Isaiah prophesied, that I am part of the blessing in the earth today for God’s people?